Match Report: JPV Marikina 2-2 Ceres-Negros

JPV Marikina and Ceres-Negros completed their PFL matchup with a 2-2 draw last November 8 at the Binan Football Stadium. The match was abandoned in the 78th minute with poor lighting conditions late in the match.

Ceres-Negros controlled the match early with a Fernando Rodriguez attempt in the 7th minute. Bienvenido Maranon released Fernando in the box with the striker unleashing a left footed shot that was just wide of the top corner.

The Spaniard almost scored the opener ten minutes later after a Jeffrey Christaens cross but his shot was just inches wide. Maranon tried to chip Jun Tripulca in the box but the keeper did well for the save.

It was in the 27th when Ceres opened the scoring after a chasedown from Patrick Reichelt in the flanks allowed him to whip the ball to Rodriguez whose slight touch allowed him to redirect the ball to the post and in.

It was almost double for Ceres when a Rodriguez header was cleared off the line by Yanagawa. A rebound off the play by Omid Nazari however was wide.

JPV Marikina fought back with an equalizer after Koichi Belgira latched on a rebound and skipped defenders before his left footed goal.

The busmen went ahead again in the 36th after Maranon redirected a long range free kick from Omid Nazari which trickled slowly into goal,

Controversy erupted late in injury time when John Celiz issued a high tackle towards Nazari. Referee Ariel Montana waved continuation to the dismay of the Ceres bench.

A straight red was given to Celiz minutes later when he tackled Patrick Reichelt from behind leaving JPV to ten men just before the whistle.

The restart of the half saw both teams going down to ten men after a collision between Rodriguez and Camelo Tacusalme. The striker was stretchered off the pitch and was later brought to the hospital for tests.

Maranon had a golden chance to score another in the 53rd minute after he danced into the box before unleashing a shot that went wide.

Markina would get an equalizer in the 59th when Ali Mahmoud headed past Michael Casas off a counterattack. The Japanese flavored side had a chance to go ahead with a Yanagawa attempt but his shot was just inches wide.

The match was later called off with twelve minutes from time as darkness overwhelmed the stadium forcing officials to abandon the match. The result stood as both teams earned a point in the non-bearing match.

Ceres-Negros will go in the international break after completing eight games in 21 days. “First of all we have to rest. Maybe 4-5 days rest and then we will prepare for the next games against Ilocos,” said Risto Vidakovic after match.

The busmen will play Ilocos United in back to back games on November 18 and 21.