Match Report: Ceres-Negros 5-2 Stallion Laguna

Ceres-Negros FC played a blistering first half to produce a 5-2 win over Stallion Laguna last July 1 at the Panaad Stadium in Bacolod City. Six different goalscorers scored a goal each for both teams who have played two games in a space of four days in the Philippines Football League.

The home squad came out to score quickly with Stephan Schröck opening the scoring in the 12th minute. A clearance in the box went straight to the midfielder who blasted a left footed shot that got a slight deflection before going in. The former SpVgg Greuther Fürth spurred a run in a middle before laying off to Jeffrey Christaens who put one over keeper Roland Sadia for the 2-0 lead.

It was a beginning of a three-goal spurt when the yellow and black would score two more goals in the 29th and 32nd minute. A long delivery by Jason De Jong was not handled properly by Christian Nana which allowed Iain Ramsay to chase and chip the ball over the keeper for the 3-0 lead. OJ Porteria would complete the run when he volleyed a free ball just outside the box, smashing it cleanly towards the top corner for Ceres’ fourth. The half would end with the home squad getting a commanding 4-0 lead.

Ceres would continue the scoring in the second half when substitute Bienvenido Maranon scored on a penalty in the 61st minute. The ball was in the back of the net when the action with stopped with referee Steve Suprecencia pointing to the penalty spot. Maranon would not make a mistake as he shot in the middle of the goal as the keeper dove to the side.

Stallion would get their consolation goals in the final fifteen minutes. Skipper Ruben Doctora intercepted a weak backpass and scored Laguna’s first in the 77th. Substitute Terrence Linatoc would score off a counterattack to make it two for the visitors. The two clubs played out the remaining minutes with Ceres running away with a 5-2 win.

“It’s not easy to play this level but I think the team did everything,” said Coach Risto Vidakovic. “They worked hard in the first half, especially in the first half was very hot. I think the referee forgot to give the water break. So I can only congratulate my players that they give their one-hundred percent and congratulations for the win and three points,” the Ceres Coach added.

Stephan Schrock also echoed what his coach said and was happy of the result in the end. “It was important for us to get a good lead in the halftime. Like the coach mentioned it was very hot. I think we played pretty much okay the first half, some good combination. Here and there we had some lack of concentration (in the second half) but i think its normal when if you play at 4PM in this heat. All in all we can be happy and proud of the first half especially,” said the fixture’s man of the match.

The third consecutive win put Ceres in temporary third with a match scheduled to be played by fourth place Global who are level in points with the Busmen. The Negros squad will play the Cebu outfit in midweek action on July 5 with kickoff scheduled at 7PM at the Abellana Sports Center (CCSC).

Photos from Mymy Alagaban and Ivan Gayares

  • David Tighe July 1, 2017 at 9:12 PM

    Great results boys from a Leicester City born and bred guy,keep it up!!! :)

  • Nelcy Gane July 2, 2017 at 6:45 AM


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *